Saturday, September 15, 2007

...pick numbers?

So, I believe I've picked my numbers. 3 of the numbers are the month/date/year of my late grandfather's birthday. He also played the lottery every week. He never really won much. But perhaps he's in more of a power position now. The other 2 numbers are my late maternal grandmother's birthday. Sadly, I never met her since she died when my mom was 12. The powerball number is my family's lucky number.

Here's the concern: All of the number are lower than 25. Also, three of the numbers are consecutive. The logic side of my brain tells me that it's just as probable for the number to come out 1-2-3-4-5-6 as they are to come 3-56-25-17-32-9. But, checking with my gut as John always tells me is the way to make a correct poker play, those kinds of things make me nervous. I looked into the recent winning numbers and there have been days both with 3 consecutive numbers and with all numbers within a certain range. I suppose, since I used all birthdays, I wasn't really giving myself a chance to have numbers higher than 30 and increasing the likelyhood of consecutive numbers. Of course, now if I change it, I'll have to check my old numbers...and then likely do bodily harm if my "old" numbers hit. Maybe I should play 2 sets of numbers. The ones I picked and some new, spread out numbers. What do people think? (and by "people," I mean Brian and Emily...and occasionally Breighan)

1 Comments:

At 7:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

38

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counter
Free Counter